"The Satanic Temple set up a website where women seeking an abortion can print out a letter for her healthcare provider explaining why she is exempt from informed consent mandates.
The letter reads that ‘[a]ll women who share our deeply held belief that their personal choices should be made with access to the best available information, undiluted by biased or false information, are free to seek protection with this exemption whether they are members of the Satanic Temple or not.’”
parents who vaccinate their children without their consent are terrible parents, no exceptions.
parents who let their children die of completely preventable diseases because they think 8 year olds are capable of making their own medical decisions are terrible parents. no exceptions
Ok but seriously….Natalie Dormer.
I’ve seen the gif on the left more than a couple of times passed around with instructions on how to do this move to protect yourself from an attacker, but it’s really important to point out that whatever is going on in the left isn’t legitimate. It’s a choreographed pro wrestling move called the Belly Back Suplex. I mentioned this in another post already, but I wanted to put these gifs side by side (plus, appending corrections to already popular posts doesn’t really help as much as making a new post). In pro wrestling, both performers work together to keep each other safe, and if it looks real, it’s because it’s supposed to look real, but there’s a couple of markers where you can tell this is two people working together to pull off a stunt.
- Notice the set time. When the person in the skirt pulls the purse snatcher into her, there’s a period of time when he is not resisting her. That’s because the person giving the move needs time to properly set their base.
- The purse snatcher wraps his arm around the skirt person’s head. This isn’t natural and it doesn’t make sense. It’s done so that when the slam happens, the person taking the move can help spread the area of impact and lessen the pain. Also, it makes it less likely they’ll land on their head or neck.
- Both people squat right before the slam.. This is because they’re both jumping. It helps make the move easier for the person giving the move.
- The landing is a big point too. When wrestlers land on their back, it’s called taking a back bump, and one of the most important parts of taking a back bump is to spread out your arms to increase the area of impact. You can see this in the left gif at the very last frame where the purse snatcher has their right arm extended.
I just love to talk about pro wrestling! So there ya go.
- It’s called Master of the Universe.
- It was originally published on Fanfiction.net (aka where fanfiction goes to die).
- E.L. James’ pen name was Snowqueens Icedragon because of course it was.
- Snowqueens Icedragon does not use quotation marks.
- She does, however, make up expressions like "my very small inner goddess sways in a gentle victorious samba" and “I can almost hear his sphinx-like smile through the phone.”
- They spend more time filling out sex-related paperwork than they do actually having sex.
- This is my reaction to all of the sex scenes:
- Because the human body doesn’t work like that.
- This is my reaction to everything else:
- Because the english language doesn’t work like that.
Updated to include a working link!
THE LINK WORKS NOW THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Here is a short list of a few of the hundreds of examples of the media intentionally manipulating the public to support Israel’s recent offensive against Palestinians
July 24, 2014
- CNN journalist re-assigned from the region after tweeting that Israelis celebrating the death of civilians were scum.
- NBC journalist re-assigned after reporting too honestly on the situation on-the-ground.
- FOX News putting images of Gaza reduced to rubble with captions indicating (falsely) that it is damage done to Israel inflicted by Palestinian rockets. (image attached)
- The New York Times changing the headline about four children playing on the beach being killed by Israel to something that is intentionally vague/ambiguous.
- Diane Sawyer misidentifying photos of Palestinians in the conflict, claiming they are Israelis.
- MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal calling out the network bias toward Israel and then having her TV appearances canceled as repercussion.
- Unfair coverage from the BBC which was protested widely in England.Please reblog or message with additions as you see/think of them and I will edit with the additions. I am sure we can create quite a large list of examples.
This is important. Hold media accountable. Publicly call out news outlets that are fucking up. Spread the truth beyond your circle of tumblr fans. Raise awareness and mobilize.